Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

back from posting hiatus!

good afternoon, everyone! my best friend was down from college for a couple weeks so i've been on a bit of a posting hiatus, and i'm quite sorry for that. i'm back now, however, and better than ever! whilst on my blogging break i happened to discover YouTube...who knew there would be beauty bloggers on there!? this is a manicure inspired by a Tweet i found about a video on YouTube. this is my first shot at a gradient manicure, and also my first time painting on stripes, so please, don't be too harsh!
i started with 1 medium even coat of Mermaids Tears from the OPI Pirates collection. then i used a q-tip soaked with water to apply a band in the middle of my nail using Barielle in Do Unto Others. on the tip of my nails i used another q-tip soaked in water to apply another band with Nicole by OPI in Respect the World. over the top of my banded color nails, i used a ColorClub mini clear glitter top coat from the Starry Temptress collection and 1 coat of Nicole by OPI in Nicole...Spotted! using a mechanical pencil tip, i drew criss-crossed stripes on all of my nails except my middle finger and ring finger with OPI DS Desire. on my middle finger i used the mechanical pencil tip to draw a seashell. i used my ring finger as a bling finger and glued on rhinestones using a clear top coat.
have a fabulous day! enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, suggestions etc. are always welcome! if you would like me to check out your blog or would like to send me products to review, i'd be happy to do so, please contact me via email and not through a post!
manicmanicures@gmail.com <3 thank you loves!